A lot of times I want a chill place to eat, where I can have a delicious pint of beer. But not just bar food: delicious food. Luckily, Minneapolis and St. Paul are overflowing with well-developed, interesting beer lists AND creative, quality food. Here are some of the best in the cities:
- Republic: Named one of the Top 100 beer bars for a reason. 60+ on tap (100 at 7 Corners!), knowledgeable staff.
- Devil’s Advocate: 40 unique tap beers, excellent brunch and full menu.
- Red Cow: tasty burgers, 36 tap beers: Oskar Blues, Odell, Bell’s [WCCO story]
- Red Wagon Pizza: 36 beers on tap – exceptional list includes Ommegang, Magic Hat, Prye’s, Great Divide.
- Tilia: 21 beers on tap, served in 4 to 20 ounce pours; one of the best neighborhood restaurants in MN
- Muddy Waters: 30 beers on tap, delicious menu, great patio
- Happy Gnome: One of the pioneers of great beer and great food in St. Paul; 77 craft drafts
- Ward 6 St. Paul: Almost all Minnesota: Steel Toe, Flat Earth, Surly, Bent, an exception for formerly St. Paul brewed Hamms. The food is awesome too [blog]
- Ngon Bistro: A Vietnamese spot with incredible food, and 12 Minnesota taps (including the awesome Bang Brewing).
What did I miss? Add your favorites in the comments!