I love a Dairy Queen Blizzard. Feeling like candy swirled in that soft serve? Do it. How about cookies? Go for it. Fruit? That’s weird, but you do you. I’ve created a list of the Top 12 Dairy Queen Blizzard flavors – and while you should feel free to disagree in the comments, do so knowing that you are wrong.
- Chocolate-covered Cherries (it’s been discontinued – a couple pumps of chocolate formed almost a chocolate shell on the inside, combined with cherries – just perfection)
- Choco Cherry Love (This was my replacement for Chocolate-covered cherries. Also discontinued because Dairy Queen apparently hates me)
- Turtle Pecan Cluster (pecans with chocolate & caramel)
- Snickers Blizzard
- Oreo Blizzard
- Heath Bar Blizzard
- Salted Caramel Truffle (caramel bonbons plus toffee pieces, fudge, chocolate chunks)
Mint Oreo BlizzardStrawberry Cheesecake Blizzard (I made an error by not including this originally, the cheesecake chunks are delightful. It belongs on the list.)
- Butterfinger Blizzard
- Banana Split Blizzard (Banana splits are good, banana split blizzards are better)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Blizzard (more peanut butter flavors, please!)
- Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard (negative points for the X in Xtreme)
I’ve never tried the Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard before, so that obviously has to go on my list, and I totally agree that there needs to be more peanut butter flavors. 9 times out of 10 I usually go for the Butterfinger Blizzard…it feel really old school to me, and it’s always consistently good. I used to try to like the Reece’s Piece’s one, since I love Reece’s Pieces, but in a Blizzard, the candy gets really cold and hard and just loses any semblance of flavor.
Thank you for giving a space where I can express my feelings about that. I’ve been holding them inside for so long…
Amber, this home for nonsensical, barely defensible lists will always be a safe place for you.
A years back DQ had a Grape Kool-Aid explosion blizzard. It had pop rocks in it. So good, but I’ve never seen it since!! Mmm…..
This list immediately loses all credibility because you failed to list the Oreo CheeseQuake Blizzard. While not on all DQ menus, it was a regular in Canada and can be found at several DQ’s here in the metro. Even if it’s not on the list, you can still ask for it. At least I do. After all, it is the greatest Blizzard ever created.
Rob, you are correct, and I’m going to delete my internet now.
Let’s not get carried away. A 16 day suspension will be more than adequate. 😉
Your list is missing the fabulous Mud Pie Blizzard. Which consists of vanilla soft serve with Oreo cookie bits, Colombian coffee concentrate and chocolate fudge! It might not be on the menu, but they always seem to have the ingredients.
My favorite Blizzard of all time was a special release, someone must have crushed a pallet of cookies at the Nabisco warehouse, Nutter Butter Blizzard. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is my regular favorite, Nutter Butter added a great cookie crunch.
Comments are closed.